The real estate market in Ken Caryl told a couple of different stories in March. The Ken Caryl Valley was a story of redemption, with home sales bouncing back in a big way. The Ken Caryl Plains continued to tell a story of scarcity…there simply aren’t enough homes for sale. And attached condos and town homes in Ken Caryl is beginning a story of warning. That market has slowed drastically. Let’s take a look.
Ken Caryl Valley Real Estate
- 11 homes currently for sale
- 11 homes pending sale
- 7 homes sold in the Ken Caryl Valley in March
- 11 homes for sale avg $1,046,536 and have been on the market an avg of 39 days
- 11 homes pending avg $892,891 with an avg DOM of 9 days
- 7 homes that sold avg $992,707 (96% of asking price) and were on the market 29 days
Ken Caryl Plains Real Estate
- 4 homes currently for sale
- 7 homes pending sale
- 1 home sold in Ken Caryl in March
- 4 homes for sale avg $587,500 and avg 64 DOM
- 7 homes pending avg $498,243 and avg 12 DOM
- 1 home that sold was $472,000 (101% of asking) and was on for 3 days
Ken Caryl Condos For Sale
- 3 condos currently for sale
- 9 condos pending sale
- 4 condos sold in Ken Caryl in March
- 3 condos for sale avg $294,900 and avg 26 DOM
- 9 condos pending avg $320,589 and 21 DOM
- 4 condos that sold avg $290,375 (94% of asking price) and 14 DOM
There are a few things in these numbers that catch my attention. Firstly the Ken Caryl Valley looks like any “slump” it may have been in is a thing of the past. Our sales increased almost 100% from last March, prices are up nearly 35% from last March, and time on the market is down over 150%. Kind of helps you realize that comparing months doesn’t do you much good! We need to look at the larger picture of things. Looking at the Ken Caryl Plains, the numbers are starting to look more like a trend. There are simply too few homes coming for sale to meet the buyer demand, and it has really put the real estate market at a bit of a stand still.
Condos in Ken Caryl are where I’m seeing the biggest change of note. For the past 2 years, condos have been selling at or above asking price with fewer than one week on market nearly every month. To see sales down, prices flat, homes selling well below asking price, and days on market over 2 weeks, shows that in the lower price point things are beginning to stall as well.
All of these numbers are just that…numbers. If you have a home to sell or you’re looking to buy a home in Ken Caryl or the surrounding area, let’s talk. You can get an estimated home value on my website, search for homes to buy in Ken Caryl on my website, or better yet let’s meet in person and I’ll find out what your needs are and we can get you a more specific plan for you and your housing needs.