The Ken Caryl real estate market began to show some signs of life in March, though you probably wouldn’t know it if you are a home buyer. There are some fascinating numbers around home sales in Ken Caryl that I’ll share with you here. Remember, when I talk about Ken Caryl real estate, I divide it up into three distinct markets: Homes in the Ken Caryl Valley (the area west of C470). Homes in the Ken Caryl Plains (the are often referred to as “The Ranch” east of C470), and condos/townhomes in the Plains.
Ken Caryl Valley Homes:
- 17 homes currently for sale
- 14 homes pending sale
- 3 homes sold in the Ken Caryl Valley in March
- 17 homes for sale average $921,424 and have been on the market an average of 84 days (5 of the 17 are over $1M)
- 14 homes pending sale avg $725,979 and have been on the market an average of 29 days
- 3 homes that sold in Ken Caryl Valley averaged $705,333 (99% of asking). 2 of the 3 never hit the market!
- 9 homes sold in March 2016, averaging $693,889.
- 1st qtr of ’16 saw 22 homes sell, vs 7 in the first quarter of 2017
Ken Caryl Ranch Homes:
- 4 homes currently for sale
- 8 homes pending sale
- 4 homes sold in Ken Caryl Plains in March
- 4 homes for sale average $500,725 and have been on the market an average of 86 days
- 8 homes pending average $540,813 and were on the market an average of 36 days
- 4 homes that sold in Ken Caryl averaged $461,850 (99% of asking). 3 of the 4 were on the market less than 3 days
- 2 homes sold in March 2016, averaging $444,878
- 1st qtr of ’16 saw 16 homes sell, vs 9 in the first quarter of 2017
Ken Caryl Condos:
- 0 condos currently for sale
- 9 condos pending sale
- 6 condos sold in Ken Caryl in March
- 9 condos pending sale average $251,750 and were on the market 5 days
- 6 condos that sold in March averaged $243,833 (102% of asking) and were on for 4 days
- 5 condos sold in March 2016 averaging $230,860
- 1st qtr of ’16 saw 16 condos sell, vs 18 in the first quarter of 2017
The summary of this month in Ken Caryl real estate is pretty easy. The buyers are there, inventory rose a bit to meet that need, and we are so far behind in inventory that there is still a much greater demand for homes than there is a supply, continuing to drive prices to never before seen levels. This isn’t unique to our area, either. All of Denver Metro is seeing an increase in new listings, and the number of solds is increasing as well, showing that demand is continuing to out pace supply, and prices reflect that.
If you’d like to know what your home is worth in Ken Caryl, you can get a free automated valuation here. For a more accurate value, you can call me at 303.578.6260 for a no-cost, no obligation valuation.
I currently have 3 buyers looking for homes in Ken Caryl who are fully qualified financially and ready to go. If you have an updated home in the Valley or the Plains in the $500,000-$600,000 range, or a clean home in the Plains up to $485,000 with at least 4 bedrooms, please give me a call as I have qualified buyers for you!